1800's Farmhouse where I grew up

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The END

Today marks the last day of summer vacation for teachers in my district.  I have absolutely NO IDEA where those carefree days went. Too few gone too soon. A brief 24 hour visit to my daughter Sunday was the bittersweet end to road trips and time away from the everyday of home.  As the university she works for ( and who I believe is LUCKY to have her!) returned to classes yesterday, the norm of schedules and intellectual pursuits begin. And so does FOOTBALL!  My husband, as I write, is experiencing his first scrimmage of the year, determined to find success on the gridiron that has eluded his group of freshman of late.
Tomorrow I will be back in my normal routine, and once again don the watch I refused to wear for the lazy days of summer.  I will pack my lunch like I did as a student, and thankfully drive to school in the warm rays of the rising sun. That too shall end.
Here's to new beginnings, to fall, to football, and to the students who are the critical factors in stories to be told for years to come.
A warm country hug to all,
Lisa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment