1800's Farmhouse where I grew up

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Time Flies

As the school year winds down I find myself short on time to do the things I WANT to do, in favor of doing things I HAVE to do.  Not that the "have tos" are things I dislike. Picnics, parties, awards ceremonies. Tragically they all come with extra calories in the form of celebratory foods that have caused me to "find" about 7 pounds I thought I had misplaced back in the fall!
I have a student who struggles with never having enough time to complete the things that are important, surprisingly... including school work. We have put our heads together to find a workable solution to the fact that sometimes time just FLIES. It is a hard concept for a child living within the autism spectrum, but something that we are managing none the less.

Today I am the one who is struggling with the fact that time does indeed fly, and always when we need it most.  It also flies when you aren't looking and find a school year nearly behind you.
Sadly, I already anticipate summer vacation flying even faster, but for now will do my best to live in the moment and enjoy each passing minute.
I hope you do too.


A warm country hug to all,
Lisa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment