1800's Farmhouse where I grew up

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Full Circle

As I write my baby is driving 2 1/2 hours home in a snow storm.  Being a typical mom, I am worried, and have asked her to check in half way and keep me updated on the falling snow. Thankfully, at 65 MPH, she is staying ahead of the snow and should arrive home before it starts piling up here. I am trusting that she is indeed not taking any chances and speeding.  I thank everyone not to tell me otherwise!
She is coming home to present an in-service day program in my husband's school district. Now, where exactly did the time go that my baby is in charge of my husband and his colleagues? I can still see her at 5, all of her stuffed animals lined up, Katie reading to them, or holding some kind of science or math class. It was a very studious and quiet group. As she progressed in school I think the reality of most classroom situations hit home.  I remember Katie wanting to be a teacher, then seemingly out of nowhere, saying she would NEVER be a teacher.
Ironically she has been co-teaching a class at the university where she works, which has led her to doing tomorrows in-service presentation.  Katie is nervous.  She is unaware of her charm, intelligence, and ability to wow a group of people with those two things. I wish I was able to see her at work, but this is a dad/daughter production, that I will hear about after the fact, and undoubtedly then swell with pride none the less.   As parents we teach our children, and now we have come full circle. Our baby is out there enlightening the world, and her dad.
My children never cease to amaze me, and right now I can't wait for my youngest to arrive home.


Godspeed baby.
A warm country hug to all,
Lisa <3
Welcome Ping!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture, Lisa. You must be very proud of your daughter. It is hard to 'let go' and trust they will be safe...but it seems that you are doing this very well with all your children.

    ReplyDelete